POLB50 Lecture 2
Cue Note-Taking Area:
• Political scientist
○ General patterns about voting behaviour
• Should Cdn gov't restrict greenhouse gases?
○ Or not because
Analytical: temp increasing --> greenhouse gases
○ If restrict, does it harm economy?
○ People value care and
○ Sacredness vs.
• Political issue: how to act/not act in issue
○ If issue comes, make decision as group
○ Decision is politic
• How to influence
○ Power (key concept in poli sci)
Poli sci pursuit of power
one actor in relationship can carry out his/her own
□ Coercion ; using physical force
□ Legitimacy: right to obey; must do
□ authority = legit power
Depends on context
• 3 things gov't can power