Lecture 21 (continuation for last lecture)
• Operon conditioning creates brand new behaviours.
• You have to provide a given response a number of times to be rewarded
• A ratio system: For so many behaviours an animal emit, they get so many rewards.
• Sometimes rewards come quickly, or slowly. The feel like a reward is always around the corner.
• Variable ratio system: One negative impact is higher resistance to extinction.
• Interval system: You go to your job every day and you will regular get your fixed paycheck.
• You will attempt to generalize and then discriminate. For example you will go on a blind date,
and you will use your pervious dates to predict your future date, but when you generalize your
behaviour it may not always work.