Lecture 2: September 18, 2012
What role do children play in their own development?
-how you respond will depend how people will treat you
- how do ourselves and environment interact?
- we are more important
What if the appropriate…
-relationships b/w people
-relationships get undervalued in our society
Is development continuous or discontinuous? Both
-continuous = trans periods
-discontinuous = stage theories
- social behaviour is the result of situation and personal factors
- social development is not universal
- there are other important caregivers other than the mom
- there is no single pathway to social development
- what is causing the variation between people w