PERSONALITY DISORDERS – LEC 01
Use this e-mail: Email: [email protected]
Be prepared in class with questions about the readings before class starts.
Goals of this course:
(1) Describe the proposed changes to defining personality disorders in the fifth edition of the
DSM-5. Sections on the personality disorders is probably going to change the most.
(2) Identify the key causes and most effective treatments for personality disorders based on
(3) Conduct a comprehensive literature review on a specific topic, construct a detailed
outline, and prepare a written paper supported by latest scientific findings.
On Personality Disorders:
• We are starting to think of disorders as different levels you may have some criteria’s of a
disorder but no one is at the extreme.
• Adiagnosis in the DSM which emerged in the 1980’s. You are more likely to have a
reoccurrence of personality disorder than having other disorders such as depression.
• Personality is at the heart of who we are. Our personality may even lead us to have other
disorders such as depression.
• Apersonality disorder is an “enduring pat