SOCA02H3 Lecture Notes - Contingency Table
ProfessorMalcolm Mac Kinnon
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 1 pages of the document.
Sociology Lecture 2:
- Is divorce related to teen pregnancy?
- As divorce rates increase, so does teen pregnancy
- independent variable – marital status
- teen preg – dependent
- Contingency table showed us a positive relationship between divorce rates and teen preg.
- When we find that two variables are correlated but the correlation is spurious??? it is not real,
something else is causing the correlation
- In hospitals doctors, nurses, sick people, elderly sick people, injured people, etc.
- At home old people, some sick people, mostly healthy people
- People in hospitals are already sick to began with
- SLIDE 14 – METHODS 4
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version