Astronomy Tutorial Notes:
Pair and explain:
What is the force of gravity between two objects where:
- The first object has a mass M =1
- The second object has mass M =1 2
1) if M1 is doubled? The force between them has doubled.
2) Is M2 is halfed? The force between them has cut in half.
3) If the distance is tripled? The force would be 9 times less.
4) If the distance is quadrupled. The force would be less – 16 times less
5) If M1 is halfed? It has halved
6) If M2 is tripled? The force between them has tripled