ASTRONOMY LECTURE 4
1) Vaccum: The absence of stuff. – Light will always travel
through that vaccum .(light always travels at same
2) Wavelength: Distinguishes different colors of light –
3) WAVELENGTH IS OPPOSITE OF FREQEUNCY( so if
gama rays have very high wavelengths they have
very low frequency)
4) Frequency: (Red- lower frequiency) (Blue-higher
5) White : Not a visible color. - grey, pink, brown (NO
6) Black: Absence of all light.
7) Colour is not part -of nature- it is a human brain thing.
Brain makes colours. We make up these colours- they
are not intrinsic to nature. All these colours are not true
colours- they are merely mixes in colours
8) WE CANNOT SEE INFRARED COLOURS SO WE MAKE
UP A COLOUR THAT IS INFRARED LIGHT.
9) Light: Can have any length wavelength.
10) Near Infrared: close to visible light
11) Far Infrared: far from visible light.
12) We see visible light, but bees see ultraviolet light.
(we cannot usually see the violet colour)
13) If radio waves are a form of light, how do we
hear the sound? - Radio waves carry signals. It is a
form of light we use them to send (Form of light used to