Adrian Lai 10/1/2010
- Symbolic bird: Owl
- City patron Goddess
- God of beauty, love, marriage
- The center of worship for the Goddess Athena
- Continue to revere the contest where the Patron God took place
- Zeus gave birth to Athena from his own head
o Swallows son
o Athena leaps out from the head of Zeus
o Guide to Mythical heroes
o Dominion over the intellectual realm
o Never marries and bare children
Away from traditional world of females
o Also known as palace Athena, Tritogeneia
- Epithet reflect her birth at:
o Lake Tritonis, in Libyal or
o The river Triton in, Boeotia?
- Does it reflect her worship at either side?
- Does it originate in the world 7ULWRZKLFKLQDSDUWLFXODUGLDOHFWRI*UHHNPHDQW³KHDG´
- Was Athena original a water Goddess, raised by Trition?
- Athena, Goddess of war and Pallas, a titan God of war
- Athena, aegis-bearer
o Pallas, daughter of Triton