GLG110: Introduction to Geology
What do geoscientists do?
- Study mines, diamonds, they can also search for groundwater
o For example they can also dig into the ground to build the subway, and
they locate what type of sediment is located underground.
- They also look for sand and oil
- Environmental geologists clean up the mess made by others
What is geology?
- Study of plate tectonics
- Rock cycle
How does Geology influence section 1.1?
- Creates rich soil, and affects people in a negative and a positive way
- Rock and mudslides
- Faults create earthquakes
- Flooding bring in nutrients, this in turn is goo