- between 4-7 questions
- what does periodization mean?
- what is one way of organizing history of karatani?
- What is the problem of origins of hu...
- when does cumings place the origin of korean war?
- 1 or 2 sentences
- 15min to complete the quiz
- might be questions on films
- everyday life (harootunian p.62) "modernity is specific form and... consciousness of historical term"
- dealing with how to think about what modernity is.
- periodizing, beginning of ...
- new tech, new mode of economic production, new family structure (wider extended family?) different
family form, transformation, transportation, diff lived experiences-> negotiation between concrete and
- ? lived historical time: way that individual (take walk and subway) change the idea of time, dealing with
- film? too much emphasis on similarity, extremely suspicious on difference
- history to time:
- psychological experience of time is different that actual time, different form of time
- shapes who we are.
- different type of time is hard to access: in big sport event, there is no single moment of silence because
there is always dance, noise etc.
- hard to rethink about origin in korean war
- transnational political, they don’t have the same commitment
- dominant narrative wang argues that history doesn’t work in the way that something
- agricultural reform
- globalization vs anti-globalization
- historical narrative of globalization becomes stronger, by working through modernized Chinese
- when you stop imagining alternative, control of time is important to control people, new relationship to
- exercise to mind, frame alternatives, different forms of time
- emptiness or nothingness is flash of something else, space in between in everyday life always colonized,
- how do you write, speak about time? When you think about time with modern.... clock times become
dominant and overpowered. It would be hard to organize people
- experience of not just being in the film, disconnection, alienation, “representation of alienation!”
appreciation for everyday life, experience of you watching the film Film
1) what time is it there?
- Why does woman like the watch on his hand? “dual time”
- every shot is explained by next shot, absolute opening in which anything can happen, but in order to
happen, you have to be open
- it’s all about the plot, big events in history, when