November 7, 2012
The French Revolutionary Wars
Key words Notes:
Crisis which reflected not only on france but the whole o Europe.
Many comteparprt commentors, even insideof France, also spoke of an
international crisis. This crici was precoeprated in augus 1787 when the
Turkish empire declaired war on Catharine II.
- the turkis belated got their act together and declared war on Russia
- in 1781, Rssia had signed a defensive alliance with Austria- Joeseph II.
- He was caught a little unaware that he owed I tot Russia to join the
war ith the Russians agasint the Turks.
- Therefore, Austria wasn’t in a good position to mount a great war
effort. But it was oblighed to do so through the alliance so in feb 1788
he declared war on the Turks too.
- The Swdes saw their chance to regain their terrirty in jul 1788 they
too declared war on Russia.
- This of course divered the Russiasn to the north to focus on the sedes
This outbreak of large scale meuevers on the east part had an umpact on
the east party.
Fredrick William II – Prussian king. Was egged on by the British to
intervene with the Russian.
Because a few years before they had pagreed on
Pro-France Patriat party had taken in hld of Republic
Three difadvantages between the Dutch and French from british point of
- naval supermanyc, the northern end of the English chanllege would
be threatened. The union of French and Dutch nacval empire
- they had a few stragetic French. Cape of Good hope. Dutch naval
base there if it were made avaible to the French would challenge the
british in the subcontinnat of india.
- Ceylon: modern day sri lanka.
So It seemed that the dutch
With these intnerational problems, the domestic problems in France did
not really attrack headlines.
Poland signed an alliance in 1789 with the Prussians to invade Bohemian
The Spanish and Sardinians made moves on the Italian terrirtoies
It was the Russians