October 3, 2013
Lecture week 4 (part 2)
Book 4 is devoted in answering the question of what is justice
The good of society is in the needs and want – and the principle of specialization
Social values – “excellent”
- The wisdom of the society is in sound judgement of society. It is found in the
- Courage is knowing what you should be afraid of and what you should not.
- For example, knowing you should not be afraid of your own life, but be afraid
of the good of society
- This virtue is find in the Auxiliaries
- Can be translated to temperance or self control
- How much is enough and how much is too much?
- It is acting on that knowledge
- Moderation is a kind of „harmony‟ or „orderliness‟
- Listen to yourself by acting on your judgement
- A society is self-controlled if all the social members agree tat the ruler should