• Socrates obeys by his three moral principles - PJ, PJAand PJAgr in the lecture note.
PJ - One must not do injustice.
• He cannot do wrong even if;
- His friends are willing to take a chance.
- Socrates has the right to escape because he was sentenced unjustly.
PJA - One must not do injustice, even for injustice received.
• One must not do wrong period. Even if someone comes at you with a knife you cannot do
wrong in self-defense - there are other actions you can take like ﬂeeing or trying to stop him.
PJAgr - One should keep agreements, provided they are just.
• If someone gives you a large sum of money to murder another human then you have the moral
right to not follow though because it is wrong.
• Socrates made an agreement to not escape and follow the laws when he swore the oath of
athens to become a citizen. The agreement was not unjust because he promised