RSM Novermber 10 , 2010
Case study: Queens Case
- David Radler, Conrad black’s business partner. Donated one million dollars to
Queens university. “David Radler Wing”
- Radler was also guilty in the Hollinger fraud case, but since he testified against
black, he only served a shorter period of time in prison.
- Queen’s board of trustees, as a result of this, gave back the money (since it may
have been from criminal activities) and took down the plaque from the building.
- This helped restore Queen’s reputation and image.
- How can one decide which decisions are ethical and which are not. Ie, Conrad black
donated a great amount of money to sick kids hospital, they are not going to pay this
money back and take down his name because it would take away from other
-All these questions are solved through the use of ethics.
Ethics vs. Corporate Social responsibility (CSR)
-As businesses focus solely on profit, they are not obligated to take care of
their social responsibilities.
-As a result of this, we now face environmental concerns, moral sensit