how did the theories play out in the video?
-> almost home
- nursing home
- resident don’t know how to use the elevator
- weren’t given choices, the freedom they should have
- the current system is wrong, disengages them from the society
- how to change it? how to make people wish to stay there
- no uniforms
- they get to choose when they get up, eat, etc.
- activities are coordinated
- stop the medical cart, less hospital-like
- hence putting meds in their bathroom
- however, there are no emotional needs
- contradiction as some people, just keep
sleeping if they’re permitted with the freedom.
they don’t have anything to wake up to.
- residents are never in their room.
- family members don’t provide as much emotional needs as the elderly expect, they
rather focus on their own children as their first priority.
- it is a foreign environment, because their family members aren’t there.
- greatest wish of one of the residents is to wake up dead
- residents chose to go to nursing home, as they don’t want to be a burden on
their family members.
- suggests that the current nursing home is for elderly wit