ENGL 146 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Social Stratification, Obeah, Upper Class

29 views4 pages

Document Summary

Centre for academic communication get help with writing, presenting, speaking (pronunciation). Drop in at cac in the library. Coursespaces quiz is now open until tuesday, september 20 @ 11:59pm. Point of view/narrative perspective the position/perspective/vantage point from which the story is told. Narrator personal character or non-personal voice developed to deliver information to the reader. Narrator is a participant if they are a character, a non-participant is an outside voice not involved in the plot. First person narrative narrator uses first person pronouns (eg, i, we). Second person narrative protago(cid:374)ist is referred to (cid:271)y se(cid:272)o(cid:374)d perso(cid:374) pro(cid:374)ou(cid:374) (cid:862)you(cid:863). Do not use second pesron narrative for academic writing. Third person narrative narrator uses third person pronouns (she, he, they). Omniscient all knowing/can reveal the inner thoughts of all characters. Limited insight into the mind of a single character or small group of characters. Objective (cid:374)o i(cid:374)sight i(cid:374)to (cid:272)hara(cid:272)ters" i(cid:374)(cid:374)er thoughts. Symbol object/action/idea that represents something greater than itself.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers