KINE 3020 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Controllability, Tabula Rasa

20 views3 pages

Document Summary

4 phases: introduce imagery to athletes, evaluate imagery ability, develop basic imagery skills, implement and monitor imagery program, help athlete evaluate their imagery ability. Take athletes through some basic training imagery exercises. Use measure for imagery ability: develop basic imagery skills. Strengthening skill for more benefits to reap most benefits from imagery. Focus on: vividness familiar place then sport, controllability perfect execution, self-awareness. Athlete may say they want to incorporate imagery into pre-race routine. Needs to fit needs of individual athlete. Want to keep program simple, regardless of age. Tart (cid:449)ith a(cid:374) i(cid:373)age that is easy to (cid:272)o(cid:374)jure up i(cid:374) the (cid:373)i(cid:374)d, (cid:449)hether it"s a skill/strategy. As athlete gains proficiency with imagery, increase complexity and variety of images. Being present in the moment, and not being distracted by other things. However, in traditional sport therapy, they use cognitive behavioral therapy, to change negative thoughts into positive thoughts, focuses on thought restructuring, they say you should pay attention to thoughts.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers