KINE 3020 Lecture Notes - Lecture 18: Guided Imagery, Hypnotherapy, Surgical Stress

31 views4 pages

Document Summary

Associative: relearning the squat, might start with a video. Association: where am i feeling most tense, how am i breathing, can i feel my legs burn, my quads are on fire, my legs are starting to shake. If you keep thinking i can"t do it: pleasant imaginings. Is the most effective: most commonly used because of their diversity and easily learned, techniques that have associative quality: Reduced the negative side effects of cancer treatments: reduces pre-surgery fear and anxiety, post-surgery need for prolonged pain meds, and allowed clients to leave the hospital more quickly than those who had not used guided imagery. Improved the client"s ability to manage stress: aids the client"s ability to reduce the severity of migraine headaches just as effectively as taking preventative meds, most of the imagery used in medicine has been guided imagery. Imagery as a coping strategy in patients (manyande et al. , 1995)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers