Psychology
Course
PSYC-2400
Professor
Kelley Robinson
Semester
Fall

Description
Social Perception 09/10/2013 3:01:00 PM Implicit Personality Theories  A type of schema people use to group various kinds of personality traits together o i.e., if a person is kind, s/he is generous as well  you can know very little about one person and end up making all sorts of judgments about that person based on assumptions of who you think they are  not only limited to personality; also looks  i.e., Julia Roberts -> kind, gregarious; very good impressions of her; similar to schema rules, difficult to change  i.e., Ugly Betty -> judged constantly based on her looks; assume she is ugly, which means she is stupid, that she doesn’t have good ideas, that she is not good to work with  vary across cultures o what is beautiful is good is less endorsed in collectivistic cultures o what you’ve been exposed to and what type of characteristics that you’re going to group together Personality Test Facebook Profile 5 factors to personality  openness  conscientiousness  neuroticism/emotionality
More Less

Related notes for PSYC-2400

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit