Anatomy and Cell Biology 3319 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Ramus Communicans, Cauda Equina, Dorsal Root Ganglion

33 views3 pages

Document Summary

Feel free to email me (oneclass512475@gmail. com) if you have any questions or don"t understand something! Know cross-sectional anatomy of spinal cord (i. e. differences at each level), sensory and motor input/output organization. Filium terminale: connects the spinal cord/conus medullaris to the coccyx. Note that the spinal cord is a lot shorter than the vertebrae it ends around l1/2, and divides off into the cauda equina. The spinal cord lies within the vertebral canal. 31 spinal nerves: 8 cervical, 12 thoracic, 5 lumbar, 5 sacral, 1 coccygeal (8,12,5,5,1 20, 10, 1) Information leaving from the ventral horn of the spinal cord includes motor information, as well as visceral, sweat glands, and blood vessels. Spinal nerve: combination of ventral root and dorsal root: the point where the spinal nerve contains both sensory and motor fibres (i. e. immediately distal to the dorsal root ganglion) is called the mixed nerve.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers