Anatomy and Cell Biology 3319 Lecture Notes - Lecture 25: Latissimus Dorsi Muscle, Bicipital Groove, Lower Subscapular Nerve

46 views4 pages

Document Summary

Lecture 25: upper limbs ii the shoulder and arm. Describe 9 muscles crossing shoulder joint & moving arm. Describe attachments, functions, and innervation of each muscle: 2 posterior muscles: latissimus dorsi, teres major, 2 anterior muscles: pectoralis major, coracobrachialis, deltoid muscle. Describe anterior and posterior compartments of the arm and their muscular components, actions and innervation. Review the brachial plexus and nerve branches. Medial/lateral rotation: rotating arm back and front in a static manner. Sternocostal head: anterior surface of sternum, superior 6 costal cartilages, aponeurosis of external oblique. I: lateral lip of intertubercular groove of humerus: a: flexion, adduction, medial rotation of shoulder. I: middle 1/3 medial humerus: a: flexes and adducts arm. Both muscles flex the arm at the shoulder joint. Teres major: o: posterior surface of inferior angle of scapula. I: intertubercular groove of humerus: a: extends, adducts, and medially rotates arm, synergist with latissimus dorsi.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers