Anatomy and Cell Biology 3319 Lecture Notes - Lecture 29: Ischial Tuberosity, Gluteal Tuberosity, Inferior Gluteal Nerve

75 views3 pages

Document Summary

Lecture 29: lower extremities ii muscles of medial and posterior thigh. Review relevant bony landmarks of pelvic girdle. Describe 5 adductor muscles of medial compartment of thigh. Des(cid:272)ri(cid:271)e (cid:1007) (cid:862)ha(cid:373)stri(cid:374)g(cid:863) (cid:373)us(cid:272)les of posterior compartment of thigh. Pelvic girdle: asis, psis, piis, aiis, ischial spine, pubic tubercle, ischial tuberosity, posterior gluteal line, tubercle of iliac crest. Femur: patellar groove (where patella goes); intercondylar fossa (between the lateral and medial condyle; linea aspera; gluteal tuberosity. Tibia: intercondylar eminence (between medial and lateral condyle); tibial tuberosity (for quad insertion) Fibula: lateral malleolus = palpable at ankles. Superficial group: pectineus flexes thigh at hip. I: lesser trochanter (i. e. proximal) to linea aspera on posterior femur. A: adduction, flexion, and medial rotation of thigh. Inn: femoral (main) & obturator nerve: adductor longus flexes thigh at hip. A: adduct, flexion, and medially rotate thigh b/c of the bucket-handle (bone is. I: linea aspera attached at pelvic and to tibia)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers