Advantages to Chlamydomonas in being phototactic.
• Phototaxis is the ability of Chlamydomonas to move close to or away from light
• Shows the linking of the eyespot to the flagella.
• What is a possible defect that causes mutated Chlamy not to be phototactic?
• It allows them to get energy from light.
Distinctions between primitive, complex, simple.
• It is very clear that the eye is more complex than the eyespot. But we can’t call the
eyespot primitive, because we have been on the earth for the same time. We can call it
simple, but not ancient, because it is still here