Sept 10, 2012 • Before this things were confusing for
• We'll skip all the stuff before the
• They were so articulate and they Bronze Age because these events are
talked about things. very difficult to see what all of it
• They didn't have fixed dates, they meant.
used the Olympics as a sign of dating (Bronze Age, like the stone age, the means
system. of production aka bronze, defines who this
generation is. )
• Bronze Age Agricultural Revolution
• Not real Greeks • People started to give a fuck about
This is a era of great kingdoms and land and inheritance.
empires • We enter the Neolithic Era, which
means now we have laws!
• Dark Age Indo-European
• Bronze Age collapsed • Highly affected by defending their cul-
• 99% of people were farmers ture and forcing neighbors to adopt
their culture and language.
Their culture and language was adopt-
• Archaic Age ed y everyone except Hungarian and
• Now things look more Greek Finnish
Period of development • Germans said they were blonde and
• had blue hair and Germans are their di-
• Kept on making naked statues rect descendant.
480-323BC • Most languages are Indo-Europeans. If
its not Indo-European, then the lan-
• Classical Age guage is hard to decipher.
• Develops a sense of identity because
• They start growing as Greek (cultural- The First Empire
ly) and developments begin. • Non Indo-Europeans that lived near
• High point of Greeks • There is a story called Crete and King
323 - 30 BC Minos
• The king had naval power.
• Hellenistic Age • King Mino's wife had sex with a bull
• When Alexander the Great dies, (wtf) and got pregnant
Greeks aren't important anymore. • They had a child and King Minos got
• Romans eventually takes over and an-
cient Greek is gone. pissed off and hid him in a maze, which
is definitely better than killing him,
40000 - 750 BC • He got 7 virgin boys and 7 girls to be • Palace dictates, and in change, made
thrown into the maze for the boy to ppl with talents go specialize in whatev-
eat. er they had talents in, and do their
• A prince thought it was intolera- thing.
ble and volunteered and went into the • This caused rapid advancement in ev-
• He was dating King Minos’ daughter • With a palace, the talents and shit
so when he went in, he brought yarn so were preserved.
he can find his way out. Crete comes into contact with older
• So he killed the half human had bull civilizations and empires and share
and came back out. knowledge.
• The end.
The Minoan Mystery
The Minoans • A script meant to represent the lan-
• King Minos actually had a palace. guage
• 3.2 acres, 3 stories tall. • Non Indo-European
Dated around bronze age. • No idea how to decipher
• Instead of renovating (stripping off • In the rooms there are pillars.
the building) they just kept on adding • Bulls make frequent appearance in
on rooms until it was really big. Greek culture because of Minoans.
• It looks like a maze. • Light skin people are also shown a lot;
light skin = indoors = rich = aristocracy