elements of the Alsaunts Regime
• Very few first name friendships in the 18 century
• Relationships are extremely formal
• How did people amuse themselves in the 18 century?
• What did they do for fun?
• Institution of dancing – popular forms of dancing exploit there need for structure
• 18 century – avid gardening – trying to impress people be a sophisticated part of
the neighborhood and society
• The classic 18 century garden – take Versailles palace as an example – shaped
unnatural because they do not want to be living in the uncertainty of