Questions on Film: “Life Under Mike”
To be shown in class on Feb 4/2010
• What were the main features of the “Common Sense Revolution”?
• mike harris
• letting large companies
• What were the effects of neoliberal policies on:
• Social assistance rates for the poor?
• diminished by 21%
• Tax rates on corporations?
• cut down 30 %
• Use of food banks?
• children were half, over half of them were living in hostels
• Prosperity of local economies in low-income neighborhoods?
• Evictions and applications for subsidized housing?
• Job losses and job security?
• Labour inspection & illegal work practices?
• Why do you think the film maker chose to include the scene with the “food