Sugar article notes
- Population of low and middle-class ppl are living longer, which means they
are more susceptible to chronic disease.
- 40% of normal ppl get metabolic disease such as, diabetes, hypertension,
- Consumption of sugar has tripled
2. Toxic – causes liver damage, diabetes and so on
3. Abuse or addictive
4. Sugar affects society – 75% of health care funds are spend on treating
metabolic diseases in our society.
- taxing, distribution control and putting an age limit on sugar
- zoning to control outlets of fast-food joints, vending machines, instead put
more grocery stores.
- Limit sales during school hours.
- Ban commercial that advertise products with added sugar. Eg: San Fran
banned added toys with unhealthy foods.
- Reduce high-con fructose in foods and overall added sugar in foods.