Management and Organizational Studies 1021A/B Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Instructional Design, Situation Two, Overlearning
DepartmentManagement and Organizational Studies
Course CodeMOS 1021A/B
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 3 pages of the document.
Lecture 5 Note
Employee Training: to prepare employees for their current jobs.
Employee Development: to prepare employees for their future jobs.
1. Assess Needs for training
1. Organizational Analysis: Is training Appropriate & Worthwhile?
2. Person Analysis: Who Needs training & Why?
3. Task Analysis: What topics should training cover?
2. Ensure readiness for training
1. Employee Readiness Characteristics:
1. Cognitive Ability
2. Employee Motivation
2. Work Environment Characteristics:
1. Situational Constraints
2. Social Support
3. Employee readiness & work environment are interrelated
3. Plan training program: Objectives, Trainers, Methods
•Effective training objectives are built around three considerations:
1. Task to be performed
2. Desired or acceptable level of quality or performance standards
3. Working conditions under which the employee is to perform
4. Implement training program
5. Evaluate results of training
1. Physical Fidelity: The extent to which the training tasks mirror the physical features of the
tasks to be performed on the job.
2. Psychological Fidelity: The extent to which the training tasks develop the same knowledge,
skills, and abilities that are required to perform the job.
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version