Management and Organizational Studies 1021A/B Lecture Notes - Webct, Marketing Mix, University Of Western Ontario
DepartmentManagement and Organizational Studies
Course CodeMOS 1021A/B
ProfessorJames O' Brien
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 1 pages of the document.
MOS 1021a September 12, 2011
Intro to MOS 1
Consumer Behavior and HRM
Log into WebCT
Read Course Outline
Read Ch 1 consumer behavior
1. Beyond the marketing mix, what else does the LG example tell us about
marketing in practice?
- Advertising is key in different areas that target market will go for
different aspects of their day-to-day life
- Taking advantage of the opportunity to meet consumer needs in
Canada before apple did with the iPhone
2. What exactly is the difference between a market and a target market?
- Target Market is a specific group within the Market that the marketer
is targeting their product or service towards, specific narrow idea of a
group marketers want to focus on. Some target markets are similar in
what they respond to.
- Sometimes the consumers are the target market and sometimes they
- The Market is a larger group of people (eg, Canadian or American
market) with willingness and ability to buy the product
3. If you were really interested in becoming a marketer what are some
things you could do while you were at UWO to prepare?
- Build up your network through visitors and guest speakers
SSC rm 3320
CB quiz 1 – Sept 29 –Oct 3
CB quiz 2 – Oct 13- Oct 17
Midterm Oct 22
HRM quiz 1 - Nov 10-14
HRM quiz 2 - Nov 24-28
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version