Nursing 1160A/B Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Soap Note, Alternative Medicine
This preview shows page 1. to view the full 4 pages of the document.
Week 4 – January 23rd, 2016 Virginia Polihronova
Thinking Like a Nurse – Tools used to make Clinical
Week 4 – January 23rd, 2016
- Developed by Orlando
oTheory of validation
- Used while listening to the patient’s story
oIn order to answer questions
- Must integrate SBC vs. deficit approach
- PCC – health care team must all work in partnership with client to achieve goals
- Helps us organize things to deal with circumstances in a logical way
- Should be flexible
- Cognitive thinking process that is systematic – used in any setting and level of intervention
oOccurs when there is an assessment/observation that the planned intervention is not
oOccurs when assessment is conducted during an implementation (ex. bathing)
Assessment Phase – Getting the Data
oPerforming assessments and interviews with client and family, lab results, etc.
oSpeaking with HC team
oDone during all activities – should always be observing
- Record data
oEx. SOAP note
oIncludes info about client’s strengths and challenges
oConsiders the “patient’s reality”
Nursing Diagnosis Phase
- What is the patient’s present health status?
- What is contributing to it?
- Sort, cluster, and analyze the data
oIdentify from nursing perspective what actions can be taken to help the client
Based on client’s present health status
- Write a statement
- Prioritize diagnoses
- Plan nursing actions
oNot to be confused with medical diagnosis
- What is the patient’s goal?
1 | P a g e
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version