September 25, 2013
- 1945 Vietnamese announce independence.
- 1954 Vietnam is split into North and South at the Geneva Conference.
- 1959 weapons and men infiltrate the south.
- 1960 Americans become involved and continue to increase.
- 1964 North Vietnamese strike US ships. US authorize a response attack.
- 1965 400 000 American troops.
- 1966 500 000 American troops now serving.
- 1969 President Nixon reduces troops after Vietnamese leader dies. Nixon’s
advisors begin talks in Paris. A peace talk happens in 1973.
- 1975 North troops invade the South, and Vietnamese troops withdraw from
- 1992 New constitution developed. Communism became the government in
- 1994 US lifts trade embargo, and full relations are soon restored.
This happened during the Cold War. This was an incidence of containment (of
Vietnam Syndrome: The US are war-weary – fear of going to war again.
The Second Amendment: The Right to Bear Arms
- The right of the people to bear arms.
- While it was important during the Revolution and British occupation, it is
questionably still necessary.
- 3 notable and defining cases.
- Without immigration, we - Those who cannot find jobs
wouldn’t have diversity or the commit crimes to support their
innovations that have brought us families (20% of inmates in jails).
to where we are today. - Place a strain on government
- Reform the American culture and resources – low, skilled, and