Psychology 1000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Confounding, Naturalistic Observation, Internal Validity
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 2 pages of the document.
CHAPTER 2 STUDY QUESTIONS
SCIENTIFIC PRINCIPLES IN PSYCHOLGY
1. List three scientific attitudes
2. What is a hypothesis? How is this different from a theory?
3. What are the four steps in gathering scientific evidence?
4. Why are some of the problems with hindsight understanding?
5. Define the following terms/concepts:
Law of parsimony
Social dersirability bias
METHODS OF RESEARCH
1. Describe each of the following research methods. What are some of the
strengths and limitations of each method?
Case study method
2. What is a correlation coefficient? How would you calculate a correlation
coefficient? What does it mean if 2 variables are positively correlated?
3. What conclusions can we draw based on correlation evidence?
4. Describe the components of an experiment. What is the logic behind this type
of research design?
5. What is the difference between a dependent and an independent variable?
6. What is the purpose for using a control group?
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version