Psychology 1000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 14: Intellectualization, Promiscuity, Reinforcement

22 views21 pages
abdullah32 and 39352 others unlocked
PSYCH 1000 Full Course Notes
PSYCH 1000 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
111 documents

Document Summary

Stress involves any circumstances that threaten or are perceived to (cid:1) (cid:1) (cid:1) (cid:1) (cid:1) threaten . Psychologists have viewed stress in 3 different ways: a stimulus, a response, an organism and environment interaction. Events that place strong demands on us. These situations are referred to as stressors . Statements such as: there is all this stress in my life right now, i have lost my backpack . We often think of stress in terms of major stressors tornadoes, hijackings. Routine hassles have been found to be more strongly related to mental and physical health than major stressors. Stress can be viewed as a response that has cognitive, physiological and behavioural components. Ex the game with the red square and the girl who went up got nervous when we cheered her on. A person might say i"m feeling stressed out. I"m tensed up, i cant concentrate because i"m really worried and i have been flying off of the wall .

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers