Psychology 1000 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Classical Conditioning, Ernest Hilgard, Circadian Rhythm

58 views9 pages
abdullah32 and 39352 others unlocked
PSYCH 1000 Full Course Notes
PSYCH 1000 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
111 documents

Document Summary

My story of chapter 5: a biological rhythm is referred to as: A periodic, more or less regular fluctuation in a biological system and influence the effectiveness of medication, alertness, and job performance: circadian rhythms are: Commonly entrained to external time cues, endogenous rhythm averages around. 24. 3 hours, and controlled by our biological clocks in suprachiasmatic nucleus (snc) I recognize that when we change the clock back or ahead, this event can cause my body to become internally desynchronized. I would describe each stage as the following: Stage 1 description: your brain waves become small and irregular and you feel yourself drifting on the edge of consciousness, in a state of light sleep. If awakened, you may recall fantasies or a few visual images. My brain waves look like: small and irregular. Stage 2 description: your brain emits occasional short bursts of rapid, high peaking waves called sleep spindles and minor noises won"t disturb you.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers