Psychology 2020A/B Lecture Notes - Combined Oral Contraceptive Pill, Asthma, Anabolic Steroid
31 views3 pages
For unlimited access to Class Notes, a Class+ subscription is required.
Thought Questions – Steroids
1) What are the three classes of steroids?
2)Allsubstanceswithinthedrugclass‘steroids’aregroupedtogetherbased on what
3) There are four (4) naturally occurring steroids. List them.
iii. Hormones of the adrenal cortex
4) There are many therapeutic uses for steroids including treating anemia, heart
disease, cancer, arthritis, and asthma. Specific steroids are used to treat each of these.
For example, to treat inflammation _________________________________________
are used. Oral contraceptives on the other hand, contain ________________________
5) Steroids used for medicinal purposes tend not to those which are abused. Rather,
________________________________________________. are type of steroids most
commonly abused. They are derived from the male hormone
- Used for treatment for artheritis
- Megarexia - obsession to get bigger, more muscular
Shared chemical structure
Estrogen hormone antagonist might help reduce cancer, they block estrogen