Psychology 2075 Lecture Notes - Lecture 20: Church Attendance, Sexual Intercourse, Teenage Pregnancy

22 views5 pages

Document Summary

Sexuality and the lifecycle: childhood and adolescent sexuality (lecture) How do we obtain data concerning childhood sexuality: recall of childhood sexual behaviour, surveys, accuracy of recall, meaning of behaviour, therapy. Freudian psychoanalysis: recalled/stimulated/recovered memories, observation, interviews with children, ethical issues. Legal issues: adolescent survey research is ~ feasible, canadian youth and hiv/aids study. Sexuality and sexual learning in childhood: kinsey interviewed 432 pre-pubescent caucasian boys and girls aged 4-14 (mean age ~10) Floyd martinson (1973: this book is privately published. Twenty-nine publishers were offered the privilege of publishing it. Adult activity demands traits that are i(cid:374)terdi(cid:272)ted i(cid:374) (cid:272)hildre(cid:374). (cid:862) (cid:862)the (cid:272)hild"s (cid:374)atural (cid:272)uriosity in the area of sex is discouraged, inhibited, and denied by well- meaning but ill-advised parents. All this serves to drive normal and natural sexual curiosity i(cid:374)to se(cid:272)re(cid:272)(cid:455), dupli(cid:272)it(cid:455), a(cid:374)d despair. (cid:863: freudian latency concept is disputed, piaget"s (cid:272)og(cid:374)itive development theory helpful.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers