Psychology 2075 Lecture Notes - Lecture 12: Condom, Reproductive Health, Gonorrhea

9 views8 pages

Document Summary

1: both partners usually have not been both tested. What about mutual monogamy: both 30% of men and women in this class have been cheated on in the class, so this is also not helping work against sti"s. What about discussing sexual histories: condom use (in this class) where condom use is infrequent, monogamy isn"t the rule, and most people have not been tested. Shifting contraceptive scripts: "when can we stop using condoms?: no easy answer to this. The challenge: sexual freedom and reproductive health risk. Sex can lead to infections: bacterial (chlamydia, gonorrhea, viral (hsv, hpv, hiv, cannot be cured, can spontaneously disappear (most often hpv) 2: reproductive health information and motivation don"t really influence behaviour that much, unless you have negotiation/implantation skills. "i know and love my partner and i am perfectly safe: biology doesn"t obey heuristic rule, don"t get pregnant. "oral contraception is the perfect method of birth control and i have no further worries about sex"

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers