What can be done?
What kind of content do we find on TV?
What types of evidence are available?
Does TV violence cause aggression?
98% of households have at least one TV set
On average, set is on 7 hours per day
Who watches more?
o Women, preschoolers, retired people
1. 8 out of 10 shows contain violence
2. Act of violence occurs every 16 minutes
3. Murder every 31 minutes
4. 93.5% of cartoons
5. Good guys as violent as Bad guys
6. Pain and suffering rarely shown
7. About 50% of killers do not suffer
8. Most people believe that there is too much violence
1. Violence more likely from minorities
2. Strangers should not be trusted
3. Whites do not get killed as often as minorities
4. Police are frequently violent
5. Violence and killings are painless