Psychology
Course
Psychology 1000
Professor
Dr.Mike
Semester
Fall

Description
Psychology September-08-11 1:58 PM Next time: Introduction & History Scan: Ch 1, pages 2- 19 Course outline: post on Monday? (web ct) Don Juan (1994) • Who really is having issues? Creative imagination vs everyone who fails to see what he can see • Issues of psychology What is psychology: • Behaviour • Perception and emotion • Brain (Human) • The BRAIN o Structure o Neurons make up structures o Neurotransmitters (chemicals) -> influence how the neurons work I.e drugs (cocaine) Dopamine system of the brain Prevent reuptake of dopamine = prolonged pleasure Form Study Group Psychology Frontiers & Applications FOURTH EDITION Webct.uwo.ca The MIND • o Can't tap into the mind i.e illusions are by the mind ο Mental image is interpreted as something that isn't there LEARNING: o T.V - resulted to violence Media Violence: • Age of 5: 2-3 hours/ day • Age of 16: witnessed more than 13 000 murders • Age of 18: more time watching TV than school TV content: • 8 of 10 shows contain violenc
More Less

Related notes for Psychology 1000

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit