What are the factors that influence conditioning?
What is the difference between classical conditioning and instrumental conditioning
How is behaviour maintained by its consequences?
• Factors affecting conditioning
• Instrumental model
• Law of effect
Drug effects---> major categories, hypnosis theories
Classical conditioning of “Love”?
• Don Byrne: reinforcement-affect model
• Ex. arousing stimulus--->positive feelings--->positive evaluation--->pair neutral
stimulus(stranger) with arousing stimulus(music)--->positive evaluation of stranger
• May and Hamilton (1990):
-Female students rate photos with music playing in the background
-Positive music increases attraction, negative music decreases attraction
• Acquisition curves: response strength
• Temporal contiguity
• Simultaneous pairing
• Forward pairing- works best
• Backward pairing
Higher Order Conditioning
• Pair primary CS with another neutral stimulus (secondary stimulus)
• Not very effective...CS-UCS bond is no longer enforced
• The CR extinguishes