Sociology 2235 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Childlessness, Dirty Little Secret, Androcentrism

27 views3 pages

Document Summary

Polygamy: criminal code, section 293, is multiple partners, two different types. 2) more than one husband- polyandry androcentric. Women with more than one husband fraternal in 1996- canadian mp proposed a polygamy bill. Men: must have 3 or more wives and many children, head up families, make decisions. Women and girls: must be demure and unobtrusive, serve men, never question their power over them. If disobedient- souls will burn in hell for eternity. Established in 1947: they"ve been around so long that they"ve become part of landscape. They contribute to our community, they run businesses, they purchase supplies, they purchase equipment, they purchase services in our town. I"ve refused admission to them because i didn"t thin they were visitors. I"ve refused admission because i felt they were coming here to get married. There is no class under canada"s immigration law by which they can . I"ve maximized my female potential without the trade offs associated with monogamy.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers