- Integral membrane protein- (domain in the inside and outside )
- Binding of a signal molecules:
• Specific fit- like an enzyme binding substrate.
• Cytoplasmic end: Activate the receptor molecule
- First step in Signal transduction pathway
1. A cell that responds to a signal molecule is distinguished from a cell that does
not respond by the fact that the cell does respond, has_____
C. a receptor for the signal molecule
2. Which of the following statements about cell surface receptors is FALSE?
D. Binding of a signal molecule to a surface receptor changes the
conformation of the receptor to allow entry of the signal molecule.
Signal Transduction Pathways
- Signal relayed in a cell by a series of a protein kinases(enzymes)
- Protein Kinase:
• Transfer phosphate group from ATP to one or more sites on