What Is Business?
• It is some total of all activities involved in the creation and distribution
of goods and services for private profit.
Primary Activities of a Business
• Will create some kind of goods or services -----> operations function
• Distribution of the actual goods of services -----> marketing function
Ancillary (secondary) Activities
• Accounting function - information gathering, summarizing info to help
marketing their products and selling the product
• Finance function - responsible for generating the funds
• H/R function - recruiting ppl, training ppl, salary admin, human side of
the operation, etc
• IT function
• Ppl are driven to make money, this is what drives business and and
differs from the govt
The Business 111 Course Model (The BBA program model)
What is a model?
• A model is a