Monday, January 07, 2013
Five Steps of Business Planning by Guy Kawasake
1. Make meaning
• What need are you filling?
• Solving an unmet need
• "if your organization never existed the world would be worse off
2. Make mantra
• Establishing power in what you're doing: what you're aiming to do
• Not a fancy but effective mission statement (powerful statement
instead of something long and intricately worded)
3. Get Going
• "good is good enough..it's not how great you start- it's how great you
• Don't get caught up in analysis paralysis; don't try to wait for the
• Try to sell it- make prototype, who's actually willing to buy it?
4. Define a business model
• How are you going to make money?
• Repeat sales of initial sale of product?