DISC and Emotional Intelligence
Monday, January 21, 2013
EQ and IQ
• IQ doesn't and can't predict success in life
• IQ = cognitive abilities ("book smarts")
• EQ isn't same as personality (set of traits and relates to how people describe
EQ you can improve over lifetime
• But all three (IQ, EQ and personality) can link together
What is EQ?
• a set of emotional and social skills that influence way we perceive and
express ourselves, develop/maintain relationships, cope with challenges etc.
• "street smarts" -> you can get better at it
• 3 measures of EI (we use EQI- first scientifically validated, most widely used)
o EQ is even more important than IQ and technical skills combined
o Emotional intelligenc