NO105 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: Free Trade, Neoliberalism, North American Free Trade Agreement

20 views1 pages
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Week 4: labour and immigration: i believe the real beavers in north america are mexicans, specifically the mexicans who arrive north america as temporary workers/agricultural. America is for the betterment of lifestyle as compared to being in their home countries. Me(cid:454)i(cid:272)a(cid:374)s for e(cid:454)a(cid:373)ple, (cid:449)he(cid:374) the(cid:455)"(cid:448)e (cid:373)igrated to ca(cid:374)ada, the(cid:455) re(cid:272)ei(cid:448)ed benefits such as free health care. Furthermore, this migration helps improve the economy of the country by bringing in beneficial skills: nafta has impacted the migration of mexicans in many ways. We take the example of one of the factors. Mexicans have not benefited from trade liberalization unlike canada. Mexico was once a self-sufficient country when it came to food, growing sufficient amount of food and crops however, nafta and neoliberalism that i(cid:374)(cid:272)reased me(cid:454)i(cid:272)o"s dependency on imported foods.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers