we are saturated in images
- to understand and interrupt experiences
- the name was taken by the founder
- limit of play is virtually limitless
- idea that play allows creativity
Religion and Video Games
- is it just a game?
- the thought that goes into trying to imagine the various moves that different characters will do
- how people who are going to be players might want to interact and crate their own narratives
- can create a lot of alternatives
- lots of different ways characters and move, create
- games play creativity choice = rules cheating/fairness
purpose of the rules
- to determine how people to play the game
- violence + video games > transfer to real life situations > culture of violence/conflict
- critique absent = include critique
- desensitization of violence (in real life)
addiction to video games > playing games for how long
- glorifying criminality > values
- cultural representation > ethnicity, racialized, gender
- who plays the video games?
- gender norms who should be doing what what is a girl game what is a boy game
- why play?
- stress release
- antisocial/ alone time
- creates community / teamwork through gaming
- financial reward
video games have different perspectives on gender
Are games art?
- Brenda Remero (video)
- talks about gender
- there are women who are involved in design, players, architecture, etc.