Class Notes (806,973)
Canada (492,546)
York University (33,494)
ADMS 1000 (483)
Eytan Lasry (104)

Lecture 1: may 3 Well, this lecture was just a basic overview of the class. My notes are really organized based on the slides, everything is going to be under a subtitle however you will have to get those off the course website. I promise my notes will no

3 Pages
Unlock Document

York University
Administrative Studies
ADMS 1000
Eytan Lasry

Lecture 1 - Influences of Organizations and Business - 12 weeks - Changes businesses and organization for the better Organization and business - All kinds of forms - Group of people, getting together - Accomplishing one goal (most of the time it is about money) History of Organizations - Useful way of accomplishing objectives - Improve and help progress technology Why? - Allows us to grow as a society; everything in the last couple of years came from organizations - Qualitative difference o Work in groups o Don’t have individual work, instead have every one collaborate together on one specific title Slide 3: - Red dot: organization : Slide 4 o How, divided and assigned o People, structure and strategy - Suppliers and consumers (concerning) : Slide 5 Slide 4: - Green dot o Talks more about the bigger picture 1. Economic forces – not going to be talked about in great detail - Focus more on the other 5 forces - Business and society changes (internally and externally) Objective - Understand business in the newspaper and why? - Using the concepts to better understand - Identifying and generating conceptual framework - Be able to learn ideas and apply them to other “case studies” “There is no one unique right answer. There is a million things that could make a company success.” - Learn and apply concepts Mid – term and a final: - 2 exams - Short answers - One case study
More Less

Related notes for ADMS 1000

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.