• It was one of the most profitable banks in the world.
• Offering personal commercial banking, wealth- management services, insurance, corporate,
investment banking and transaction processing services. Later realigning its 5 business
segments into 3. Revenue ↑
• The first segment is Canadian Personal and Business, which include banking and investment
business and global insurance business. E.g. deposits, investment, debit and credit cards,
mortgage, loans, insurance service.
• The second segment is the U.S and international Personal and Business Group. E.g. RBC’s
banking and retail brokerage business in U.S, and private banking internationally. And also
wealth- management activities of RBC Dain Rauscher.
• The third segment is Global Capital Markets which provides financial products and services to
clients, corporations, and governments. E.g. debt, equity, foreign exchange.
• Mandates a 10% capital on ownership for any single entity.
• It had an impact on the financial- services industry, and affect the strategy of the banking
• Politicians actually didn’t help with the overall financial performance in the market. Their best
interest was just to balance