- 24hrs of training in ee
- 31hrs in supervisor
- 32 hrs in service
- 30 hrs in non-profit
- 22hrs in wholesale/retail
- In us avg. 24hrs/yr
- US > CAN ( 56.2 B > 4.9M
- To compete = invest more in T
Training (I) of SS: not high priority, expense
- S-worker = vital to success
- Quebec: 1%, x1>M, obj: develop ee comp+s = prod+perf goes up
: result: active plan/implement; 29-35% fastest g rate; comm part
: concerns: no incent x>1%; sm comp suffer, only for med.
: Payroll Training Legislation; accredited training bodies; part provided; appy grants
when meeting 1%.
ISD: science model of T/D process
- 3 steps: n-analysis -> design/deliver -> evaluate
- Stream of ADDIE (analyzie, design/develop, instruct, evaluate)
- ISD in detail: n-analysis (O->T->P) -> strat -> find alt -> training = sol? Yes -> # factors -> t-
- Evaluat e Qs: achieve obj? Did ee learn?
- T = inc imp ee perf+ org effectiveness
- MANY ORG FAIL: not follow ALL steps of ISD -> esp. n-analysis